This strategy is a useful revision activity that can be used in many different ways – to practise skills, make comparative judgements or encourage creative thinking.
• This activity works best when students produce their own learning grid – in each cell they write or draw a issue/skill relevant to the lesson topic;
• In pairs, students roll a dice to determine which cell they will explain;
• They then explain the topic in the cell to their partner and explain how it is related to the previous cell;
• In English, each cell could be a different descriptive writing technique and students roll the dice and then write a sentence using that technique;
• In Maths, this activity could be used to simplify algebraic expressions by removing brackets. In pairs, students use the dice to identify two cells and then work together to expand and simplify the expression.