This strategy is an engaging and fun way of encouraging evaluative thinking. It requires students to analyse, compare, contrast and rank information and ideas.
• This activity works best when students produce their own trump cards
• The following example is from a PE lesson but trump cards can be used in many different ways!
• In groups students agree on five key characteristics needed to be a Premier League football referee.
• They then create cards for different referees using data and examples from recent matches to assess their performance across the five characteristics
• Students then play the trading game of top trumps using their cards
• This activity can be easily differentiated depending upon how much information you give to the students