Tarsia is a nifty piece of software that creates complex jigsaw style puzzles. This is a engaging way of introducing challenge and independent learning
• To download the software go to
• Input the information and the software will create a puzzle automatically for you;
• In pairs or groups, students then match up the sides of the triangles so that they complement or correspond with each other in some way. This could be matching keywords to definitions and examples;
• This activity can be made less challenging through providing a simpler shape (several shape options are available);
• Challenge can be introduced through using images instead of descriptions and removing triangles and asking students to identify the solution.