This is a useful student-led questioning strategy that encourages high level thinking skills.
- Students work in groups of 4;
- A question is posed and each student writes a response on a post it note;
- With their partner, they need to challenge the other pair’s ideas by questioning it and also defend their idea to the other pair;
- Swap the post it notes so each student now has an answer that is not their own one;
- With their partner, repeat the challenge/ defend process (the idea is that it should be harder as students are not defending their own idea so it should require more thought).